background

May 29, 2010

Classic Fruit Salad Recipe

This fruit salad was introduced to me through my husbands Grandma who served this at any holiday gathering

Folkner Fruit Salad
Prep 20 minutes
2 11oz cans of mandarin oranges drained
1 15oz can of cocktail fruit drained well
2 granny smith tart apples pealed cored and diced
3 cups crisp sweet red grapes (whole)
1 cup split walnuts lightly chopped
¼ cup of flake coconut
1 ½ cups of mini marshmallows
1 large tub of whipped topping
Drain all canned fruit well in a mesh colander to prevent final salad from becoming too watery. Right before serving mix all ingredients with whipped topping adding nuts at the very last moment to keep crisp. Or mix all ingredients except for nuts, refrigerate and when ready to serve add nuts.

I hope you enjoy this classic salad that has been served in our family for years!


To help my 'cause' we accept small donations.






1 comment:

  1. Hahah do you know how many times I have had this in my lifetime...Too many to count on two hands. EVERY holiday! I remember that well, and the banana pudding. Justin does not care for either so I rarely make it anymore. Oh how I miss the Folkner gatherings in Turlock! My aunt Vickie used to make sweet potatoes with marshmallows and I remember one year she could not find white marshmallows so she had to use the colored ones and no one wanted to eat it because it looked funny. I ate it though.

    ReplyDelete

No need to follow but I certainly want your input and comments..